Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nada de Particular (Nothing in Particular)

Just practicin' for later on . . . .
    Sometimes I have a plot, a theme, an impression of what I want to say in this blog.  Other days (this being one of them), my mind is a blur and my thoughts are all jumbled.  But I still have things I want to share, and this dog in arms is one of them.  Talk about thinking you're a member of the family!  This li'l fellow couldn't be re-homed here in Penang, so he's going off to China to live.  Well-traveled dog, huh?!
Nobody's gonna steal THIS soap!


                                              












    Over at the dying shopping mall near our place, they do have a  pubic restroom and many people use it.  Evidently some of them would walk off with the soap if it weren't chained down.  Appetizing, isn't it?


    The other day I trolled through a different mall, a considerably more upscale one. There was a kids' birthday going on at MacDonald's.  Huge crowd of happy kids, a very energetic Ronald MacDonald, and one rather bemused father, trying to pretend he was somewhere else.  No doubt on the golf course or at home reading the paper, poor guy!
Birthdays at Mac's -- same everywhere!


       And lastly, we had a big 4th of July celebration at the local Hard Rock Cafe -- the most American venue in Penang, I daresay.  We asked the guests to dress up to suit the occasion and this very determined gal justifiably won the price.  I hope that stuff came out of her hair OK!
Best-dressed at 4th of July Party

No comments:

Post a Comment