Saturday, July 16, 2011

About that Mr Penang 2011 Post. . . .



     First, I just want to thank the folks (probably mostly Malaysian bodybuilders and their family members) for  reading my blog post about the recent  Mr Penang 2011 contest held at Gurney Plaza.  It was very gratifying to have so many of you check it out.  You could even say it went "locally viral"! 


    On the other hand, I think I owe an apology to the bodybuilders who joined that contest.  First of all, I didn't stick around to see the best part, and I regret that.  But I had things to do (lunch being one of them), and I knew when I got back after the lunch break, all the seats would be taken.   So, I blogged without having seen the best of it.  Stupid me!   I also messed up on the part about Senior and Master's bodybuilders, posting an incorrect photo as I did.  But my excuse is that I couldn't understand what was being said on the stage.  (I couldn't hear it even if it had been in English.)  But what I in my post said about the older fellows lookin' good to me still holds true.


    If they hold the 2012 contest at Gurney Plaza again, in my opinion the stage should be wider and be set up in the opposite direction from how it was this year.  I think the stage should be where the pumping-and-oiling up area was, so the seating area would be wider and the VIPs should occupy only the first couple rows so that more ordinary people could see and sit.  (Just my opinion.)  Anyway, it was a fun show that attracted a lot of people and you all should be very proud of that.


     Next, I want to tell you that  I'll be traveling soon.  There'll only be a couple more posts going up on this blog before it shuts down for summer vacation.  So, please check out the final two, especially the one about signs, which is kind of interesting in a salacious sort of way.  After that, a deathly silence will settle on this blog (unless I can figure out how to post remotely, which isn't easy for a technophobe like me.)  But please do drop back in soon after I return to Penang on my birthday, August 17th.   Until then, I'm really going to miss you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment